Family History Project
A guided intergenerational project to create a family biography
When your children are bored in lockdown - let us work with them to create a family treasure!
We know how hard it is not seeing family at this time. Equally we know how difficult it is to keep our children occupied productively - at least some of the timeI But we would like to invite you to make the most of the situation and help you use technology and remote communication to create a lasting family treasure that you will cherish long after we have forgotten what it means to be separated.
The Family History Project is either a self-directed or guided course to create a multi-modal family biography. It is intergenerational - designed to be completed between generations. That means your young people are in the driving seat to create an authentic memoir of one of the older members of your family.
Imagine finding a box of old family photographs from your past - what if the photographs came alive with a narration by the person who was in them, even if they were no longer with you. Imagine finding a living family history to share with other family members and generations?
This is for you if:
- you are worried about older members of your family feeling isolated
- you want to help your child use technology for good
- you would like to see your children and your parents creating something together
- you would like to have a lasting momento made from family photos and memorabilia
- you think your child would benefit from some outside guidance and accountability to create something
What will you get from taking part?
- all the resources to create a personal living history eBook
- the chance to deepen the communication between family members
- 6 weeks of guided activities from planning to production
- Resources to support
- eBook templates
Booking for this will open in the next few days but if you want to pre-bag yourself a spot please get in touch. Please don't be shy - we are all qualified teachers and have worked with thousands of children over the years. We can't wait to see what yours can create.
Note: If you are a teacher and would like all of the resources to use this as a remote learning project, please get in touch.
or Tel: (+44) 0843 2899089
Nicki has been working in education for the last 25 years. She has considerable experience teaching and integrating technology into classrooms from Early Years right up to Post-Graduate level. She is passionate about ensuring teachers build confidence by getting the basics right and then building and innovating from there.